Working with Children Check
All participants / volunteers are required to have a Working with Children Check before embarking on a Thrive Madagascar mission.
- New South Wales: http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check
- Victoria: thttp://www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/
- Western Australia: http://www.checkwwc.wa.gov.au/checkwwc
- South Australia: http://www.dcsi.sa.gov.au/services/screening
- Queensland: https://www.bluecard.qld.gov.au/
- Northern Territory: http://www.workingwithchildren.nt.gov.au/
- Tasmania: http://www.justice.tas.gov.au/working_with_children
Travelling to Madagascar
- Things you need to know – culture, what to expect, etc.
- Check with your doctor as well as the World Health Organisation to ensure you have the necessary vaccinations before departing: http://www.who.int/countries/mdg/en/
- Check out Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs – Smart Traveller website or call their office to obtain the most current information on travel advice: http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/Madagascar